Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Winding down


I'm anxiously waiting for this day to be over, so I can finally wind down. My wife gets off at noon, so it's going to be like a 2 minute drill to do the final touching up before the Christmas Eve party we're hosting tomorrow night for  our family. Once the party gets going , no one will notice the corner of the room that didn't get vacuumed because everyone will be trying to get a word in edgewise. We have a lot of catching up to do. I have to take my things out of the downstairs bedroom just in case someone wants to stay the night. This is a time of the year when I'm glad that we purchased that extra trash can. Both cans will be filled to the brim for Tuesday's trash.

My wife and I enjoyed “The Little Fockers” but it was not as funny as the original. Two tickets, two sodas, a large popcorn and one hot dog cost us $35.00…. I can't say priceless.

I have to say I was wrong because president Obama showed me a few things about politics. I pissed and moaned about the morality of giving tax cuts to the top 2% while the rest of the country continued to suffer. I took my eye off the ball. The president gave the two year extension of the Bush tax cuts to the top 2% but in return, he bought time for Congress to pass DADT, START, and the 9/11 responders bill. As Senator Lindsey Graham said “Senator Reid ate our lunch.” President Obama stroked the flames by having an impromptu press conference to gloat and promised more of the same, next year. The president said” "If there's any lesson to draw from these past few weeks, it's that we are not doomed to endless gridlock," Obama said. "We've shown in the wake of the November elections that we have the capacity not only to make progress, but to make progress together.".. The republicans might have taken a lame duck session ass whipping but there is still a second half, and I expect revenge. Now, it's time to democrats to stick together and if need to, go down defending our principles.

I'm not one to preach, but it's sad that a couple of posters won’t put their swords down for a few days, it’s just not that important. It's a classic pot meet kettle. Their feud has been going on for a couple of years, in a Hatfield v McCoy fashion, where one will randomly poke his nemesis, just to to get a response; it doesn't take long before they at each other's throat again. I'm sure a lot of posters find it entertaining, but if they were the subject of ridicule; the shoe would be on the other foot. I don't choose sides because they have equal blame even though one is popular and the other gets what he deserves because he certainly can dish it out.

This will be the last blog until after the Christmas holidays; let me say thank you for reading and may you have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday and Happy New Year.

No comments: