Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Would've Never Thought



Today, I was in and out of my doctor's office in 15 minutes and that included removing my stitches.  I thought that would be the highlight of my day, but I just may surpass the 100,000 page load counter sometime tonight.  It doesn't take much to please a 68-year-old  retiree.…:-0

I started this personal blog in October of 2010 as a means to vent.  I mostly ignored it until the Victoria Advocate switched to their Facebook book format.  Now I use it as a way to write my slant on topics that I'm interested in.

 When I got to the 90,000 mark, I started receiving  a lot of emails from Google, Yahoo and others trying to get me to support ads.  That's not me, because this is for fun.

I would gladly trade in 50,000 page loads  for 5000 more comments, but that's something that I have not accomplished.  I don't know if people are scared that I would delete their comments or that the subject of my blog, and my opinion is not worth commenting on.  It could be that they prefer a Facebook format, or that they don't want to be the only one commenting.  Getting more comments will be a priority.  Who knows I may only attract passive readers who don't like to comment.  I remember getting 100 comments for every blog that I posted at the VA but that had a much larger viewership.

EA and that's the truth” set and exceeded the standard for local personal blogs. I can't replicate what she brings to blogging but I can thank for the help she gave me when I first started.
One goal will be reached an I'm now reaching out for more comments, so if you have any ideas e-mail me mjngmg@gmail.com.

Thanks a lot for all those who have read this blog and special thanks to those who have posted their comments.

3 comments:

Mike said...

And another milestone.
Today,GOP passed to defund,delay,or repeal Obamacare for the 41st time.

Edith Ann said...

Thank you for the nice words, but I need to get back to blogging! It's been over three months!

Congrats on your milestone, though! I know how that feels. Keep up the good work--you always bring a good perspective to the situation. Continued success! And it is my pleasure to promote your blog.

Mike said...

Thanks a lot and yes you do have to get back to blogging:-)