Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Thanks Victoria Medical Professionals


page2image14256


No,that's not a picture of me but it is a picture of the immobilizer sling I have wear the next 4 weeks.

I want to thank the wonderful care nurses  I had at the Whispering Creek Day Surgery,without complaint; they inserted my ivy of sugared water because I forgot and took my insulin on the day of the surgery. The next thing I remembered was waking up in the recovery room painless ( nerve blocker) and 15 minutes later I was on my way home. That means my attending nurse,anesthesiologist, and orthopedic doctor did a superb job.  

The first day was about adjusting to the medication I was on but as of yet I,I haven't felt any pain. 

Yesterday,I had my first day of therapy to keep the shoulder from freezing and to slowly start to stretch the muscles around my rotator cuff...I keep hearing the voices in my head as they keep telling me "don't move the shoulder away from your body."..It's like I'm carrying a sweaty football under my arm 24/7. 

Once again my wife proved how much I need her because I don't know where I would be without her. At least she didn't have to put with the cow bell I used to ring the last time I was off my feet. This time the iMessage was more to her linking....:-)

I learned not to put too much faith on the internet rotator cuff patients because they had me scared to death. At one time I almost decided to deal with the pain instead of having the surgery. The blogs I read were dead wrong,because I'm getting enough sleep,even if it's on my recliner,and I stopped my pain medication yesterday at 9:00 AM.  

I know I'm not out of the woods yet but it's not too bad considering.

OFF TOPIC

I think President Obama did the right thing in making Congress use their congressional powers to strike Syria for using chemical weapons on civilians and children. The president was getting blame from all over and he hadn't even made a decision;they just thought he had. ..It was a great call. 




3 comments:

Mike said...

I guess my iPad doen't recognize the picture graphic but oh well for now.

I can't use my desktop or laptop yet because sling makes it impossible.

Edith Ann said...

Glad to hear things are not so bad! Yeah, the President has put it back in their court. Let's see if they think it is serious enough to come back to work.

Mike said...

Well I will eventually have a Popeye right arm since it's carrying 100 % of the load....:-)

Oh,they will come back after the Jewish holidays (Wednesday) but now they will have actually do something that matters....Yea or nay!