Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 26, 2010

Do we have to have Black Friday?

I hope everyone had a memorable Thanksgiving because we certainly did.  Everyone brought an appetite because leftovers were scarce.  My wife and I get a kick out of my eldest grandson; he's going to be 23 years old but he acts like a 46 year old; he has all the answers...Lol ..He's been a proud rocker, and  until this year he despised country music but his newest girlfriend loves country.  We told them that by Christmas he will be sporting a 50 gallon cowboy hat, big belt buckle, wrangler jeans and boots. Ahhh, what a young man will do for love.  We affectionately call him the "Chameleon" because he changes his lifestyle to that of his current girlfriend(s)...  He's been a vegetarian, a political activist, frequent churchgoer, a Port Aransas surfer, and now he's probably downloading, the latest George Strait album.

My teams, the University of Texas and the Dallas cowboys came down with a bad case of a fumblitis yesterday; but in my old age, it doesn't bother me as much anymore.  I can remember being moody after a loss and my wife would be switching to the game upstairs to find out the current score, and then she conveniently made herself downstairs just to ask me the score; only if the Cowboys were losing...  I caught onto that, because she never asked me when they were ahead.

The only thing that puts a damper on our Thanksgiving holiday is the reoccurring urinary tract infection that my wife's Persian cat can't seem to get rid of.  He's a two year old male cat, we named Pudge.  He's been tested for crystals but so far it's been negative; that's a good thing but next week he will have to get a urine culture, to see what is going on.

We ventured out into the Black Friday traffic, which wasn't too bad, I guess that's because we are used to the Black Friday traffic in Austin and Houston; at least in Victoria; the traffic is constantly moving at a reasonable speed.  I used my Hastings’s birthday gift card to rent some movies.  I rented Michael Moore's," Capitalism: a love story," "The Funeral" with Chris Rock and "Good" a story about the rise of Nazism.  I met an old retiree friend at Sam's Wholesale. It took us a while to realize we were blocking the aisles with our empty baskets.  We had 8 years to catch up with before one of our wives’ would call us to inform us they were checking out.  As you get older, post Thanksgiving days are for naps, reading, and watching movies.

No comments: