I thought this presidential election it was going to be different because I have not seen any chain emails since 2008. That all changed this morning and I was going to go through each line and rebut each claim but luckily another blogger already has.
This is his answer to the chain email that was published in our newspaper.
I came across a list of Obama firsts and did a little research on them. I even added a few at the bottom. I also added my own assessment of the truthfulness or credibility of the claim along with a link so others can research it. And I numbered them to make them easier to discuss. If anyone can find an error or any contradictory evidence, I would like to see it.
I hope you find it interesting. I learned a lot!
1. First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner (not true. This began as a April Fool's joke and has fooled many people, even Mike Huckabee. No college has released Obama's records yet.) http://factcheck.org/2010/04/april-fools-still/
2. First President to have a social security number from a state he's never lived in (apparently true, but not well established) http://www.cashill.com/intellect_fraud/another_look_at_obamas.htm
3. First President to Preside over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government (well established) http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2011-08-05-s-and-p-downgrades-credit_n.htm
4. First President to Violate the War Powers Act (partly true. He did violate the act but is not the first.) http://www.smithheggumreport.com/?p=1724
5. First President to Orchestrate the Sale of Murder Weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels (well established) http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/09/flashback-obama-blames-us-guns-for-war-in-mexico-then-starts-running-guns-to-mexico-5-months-later-video/
6. First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico (well established)http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-03/u-s-administration-in-contempt-over-gulf-drill-ban-judge-rules.html
7. First President to Defy a Federal Judge's Court Order to Cease Implementing the 'Health Care Reform' Law (well established) http://republicbroadcasting.org/?p=13341
8. First President to Require All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party (well established)http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/08/court_of_appeals_finds_obamacare_individual_mandate_unconstitutional.html
9. First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs-- and Later Admit There was no such thing as "Shovel-Ready" Jobs (well established)http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/06/obama-jokes-about-shovel-ready-projects/1
10. First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters (well established) http://nlpc.org/stories/2009/05/01/obama-administration-arranges-takeover-gm-and-chrysler-auto-workers-union-gets-hu
11. First President to Bypass Congress and Implement the DREAM Act Through Executive Fiat (well established) http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/18/obama-administration-to-review-all-deportation-cases/
12. First President to "Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants across the US , Including Those With Criminal Convictions" (same as #11)
13. First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees (well established) http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_15352752
14. First President to Terminate America's Ability to Put a Man into Space (well established)http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/02/science/02nasa.html
15. First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places (well established) http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1055%3Alos-angeles-times-obama-administration-accused-of-racial-bias-jul-30-2010&catid=64&Itemid=62
16. First President to Have a Law Signed By an 'Auto-pen' Without Being "Present" (well established) http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/28/us/politics/28sign.html?_r=1
17. First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It (well established) http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/260494/breaking-obama-administration-declares-doma-unconstitutional-wont-defend-it-court-dani
18. First President to Threaten Insurance Companies if they Publicly Speak out on the Reasons for their Rate increases (well established)http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/22/health/policy/22health.html
19. First President to Tell a Major Manufacturing Company In Which State They Are Allowed to Locate a Factory (well established) http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/04/unbelievable-obama-nlrb-forces-boeing-to-build-plant-in-washington-not-south-carolina/
20. First President to File Lawsuits Against the States He Swore an Oath to Protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN, etc) (well established) http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-new-york/obama-administration-files-suit-against-arizona
21. First President to Withdraw an Existing Coal Permit That Had Been Properly Issued Years Ago (well established) http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/17/obama-coal-crackdown-sends-message-industry/
22. First President to Fire an Inspector General of Ameri-corps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case (well established) http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124511811033017539.html
23. First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to bid on Government Contracts (well established)http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2chambers/post/mcconnell-slams-executive-order-to-allow-white-house-to-demand-political-records-before-awarding-contracts/2011/04/20/AFpkZaDE_blog.html
24. First President to appoint 45 'czars' to replace elected officials in his office. (mostly true)http://patdollard.com/2011/10/report-number-of-czars-in-obama-regime-hits-45-operate-under-a-“veil-of-secrecy”-accountable-to-no-one-but-obama/
25. First President to Golf 90 separate Times in His First Three plus Years in Office (true but exact number is uncertain because growing so quickly)
26. First President to hide his medical, educational, and travel records (true)http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/04/27/trump_to_obama_now_release_your_college_records.html
27. First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it (well established, even Obama recognized the prize as a “call to action”)http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/10/09/nobel.peace.prize/index.html
28. First President to coddle America's enemies while alienating America's allies (true)http://www.impeachobamacampaign.com/boehner-obamas-coddled-our-enemies/
29. First President to have Three of His Gay Lovers murdered within days of each other (true, they died within a month and a half of each other but evidence Obama is guilty is lacking)http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2010/07/25/mom-of-murdered-obama-gay-lover-speaks-up/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFG8B0wBIWw
30. First President to publicly bow to Americas enemies while refusing to salute the US flag (well established) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WlqW6UCeaYhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhU9iCANi02o
31. First President to go on multiple global apology tours. (pretty well established)http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124044156269345357.html
32. First President to be praised by a plenary speaker at the United Nations for being born in Kenya and elected as president of the US. (well established)http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,554327,00.html?test=latestnews
33. First President to increase the annual budget deficit by $1 trillion in just one year. (well established) http://news.yahoo.com/us-govt-runs-1-3-trillion-budget-deficit-180324858.html
34. First President to force a bill through Congress (ObamaCare) he knew the people did not want and Congress was afraid to vote for. (well established)http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/obamacare-more-unpopular-than-ever/2011/10/28/gIQATpAMPM_blog.html
35. First President to have his eligibility to run for re-election questioned in a state administrative law court and his lawyer did not even show up! (well established)http://totalbuzz.ocregister.com/2012/01/26/birther-case-heard-without-obama-lawyer/82062/
It appears Obama will not be on the ballot in Georgia (for the primary, at least) but if he will do everything he can to hold onto power. Americans have to be informed in order to stop him. Best wishes to you!
Why do all the research if the one who posted will not admit he tried to pull a fast one?
All the credit goes to this young gentleman.I agree with everything he wrote but I could have added more detail but why?